- Perceptively showing the directory path in prompt
- Colorized prompt
- Showing branch name in prompt
- Supporting git or svn projects
Version and development
- : A unix like system like Mac OS X, Linux or BSD
- Latest Version
- : 0.3b
- : Developer’s Prompt on Github
- All versions
- : Check current or old versions
How to Use
I am using bash and tested only in bash. I have not tested it other shell’s like sh, ksh, csh, tcsh. But I think it should work well. Please let me know if you have test opportunity in other shell’s.
Clone on Github or download developers-prompt.tar.gz file. You’ll find the developers-prompt.sh file in the package. If you’re using bash and dont have .bashrc file on your home directory then just copy the developers-prompt.sh as .bashrc to your home directory. You’ll have the pretty nice prompt after reopen your terminal.
If you already have .bashrc file in your home directory then open the developers-prompt.sh file and copy from second line to end of the file. After that open the .bashrc file and paste to end of file.
After use the developer’s prompt your prompt gonna appear like in the screenshots.
- Fixed an important bug
- Color support
- Git branch name support
- Svn branch name started to support
- Supporting shorting the directory path.
- Writed for my own usage.